Dear Baby Girl:
How it hurts to see you hurting. Wishing I could take away all of your pain, sadness and confusion so you wouldn’t have to go through what’s happening. Here are some reminders of how much you are loved:
1. You are never alone. You may feel like you are alone in your pain and the world is against you and you have nowhere to turn, but know that I am always here for you. To comfort you, to teach you, to love you and to heal you. No matter where you may be, I’m always by your side and in your heart. When you feel all alone and that nobody cares, remember, I care.
2. This will pass. I know that it seems impossible to believe that this will pass, but it will. You will feel happiness and hope and love again – the cloud will lift. Feelings come and they go away too. Try to listen to what the feelings are telling you, and use your wise mind to do what is right for you. Try not to act out on the feelings and hang on through the wave of emotion……plant your feet in the sand and don’t let the waves wash you away, instead let them gently roll over you until the storm passes.
3. You are strong. You may feel like you are weak and a burden, but know that you are incredibly strong and a blessing. You bring such magic and joy to the people you love and you radiate kindness and compassion. You do have the strength to get through this latest storm, because I raised you to be strong. Be fierce. Be a warrior.
4. You are loved. I love you to the very depths of my soul. You are an extension of my heart and I am honoured to have you in my life. Others love you and still, even more are waiting the chance to fall in love with you. You are love. Those lucky enough to have you in their lives know that you love deeply, from within the very depths of your soul.
5. You are needed. I need you to be in my life forever. The world needs you to make it a better place. Your friends need you to navigate the world together. YOU need you. The strong, independent and beautiful woman that you are turning into needs you to keep going. Don’t ever let anyone think that you are not worthy or loved. For you are, and have so much to look forward to.
Be strong my fierce warrior. We are in this battle together, for always. I loved you from the day I met you and I hope you can learn to love yourself as much as you are loved.